A biennial themed Festival of staged readings offering experienced playwrights a 9-month script development programme.
This programme is open to female writers of South Asian descent who have had at least one full length play professionally produced.
In a biennial call out, writers are invited to pitch ideas for a full length play relating to the theme of the Festival .
Selected writers will receive:
- A seed corn commissioning fee
- One-to-one dramaturgy to help develop the work to a full-length play
- A workshop with director and actors
- One week public festival of staged readings and talks
- Directors, producers and literary managers actively invited
The inaugural Festival programme was the WAR PLAYS season – London, May 2018
The next programme will begin Summer 2019 on the theme of HOME with completed plays presented in London, May 2020.