A biennial themed Festival of staged readings offering experienced playwrights a 6-month script development programme.
This programme is open to women writers of South Asian descent who have had at least one play professionally produced.
In a biennial open call out for scripts, writers will be invited to submit an initial draft of a play that is at least 50 minutes long relating to the theme of the Festival.
A readers panel consisting of professional directors and dramaturgs will select six of the plays for the Festival script development programme.
Selected writers will receive:
- A seed corn commissioning fee
- One-to-one dramaturgy to help develop the work to a full-length play
- A workshop with director and actors
- Presentation at a high profile, two week public festival of staged readings and talks.
- Directors, producers and literary managers actively invited.
The current Festival programme culminates in our WAR PLAYS season – London, May 2018
The next programme will begin in Spring 2019 with a script call out on the theme of HOME.