At Kali Theatre your personal privacy is important to us. This policy explains how we collect, store, manage, process, and protect your personal information.
It tells you:
- The types of information we might hold,
- How and where we’ll use it once it’s been collected
- How we will keep it safe.
Sharing your information with us is not compulsory but providing us with certain pieces of data will help us to give you the most appropriate information about our productions, events and practioner programmes.
If you want to contact us about this policy or anything to do with your data held by Kali Theatre you can contact us by:
- By phone 020 8694 6033 and ask for the Administrator
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By post to Kali Theatre The Albany Douglas Way London SE8 4AG
This policy statement indicates how we fulfill our statutory obligations under the Data Protection Act 1998 and EU General Data Protection Regulations May 2018.
When and how we collect your personal information:
We will do this when:
- You request to join our mailing lists
- You complete a Feedback Form in personal at an event or on our website
- You participate in one of our projects
- You are employed by us
- You make a donation to support us
- You buy a ticket from a theatre for one of our events and give permission for your email address to be passed on to us
We will always make it clear what data we are collecting from you during these transactions and how we will use it.
Sometimes we may be given your information from third parties, such as theatre venues who have specifically asked your permission to share your data with us.
If your data is provided to us by another person because they feel you may be interested in our work or from a publicly accessible source, we will always make it clear to you where we obtained the information.
- The following data and information may also be collected automatically when you visit our website:
- IP address
- Referring website
- Web browser and device
- Time and date
- Web pages on our site that you visit
The Personal Information We Collect
We only collect personal information that is essential to our operation and which allows us to inform people about our public events, theatre practioner development programmes, (usually via our newsletter) and to maintain our records of who has attended out events and participated in our programmes.
Information that we might collect
- Email address
- How you heard about an event that you attend or participate in
- Records of any donations made to the Kali and your Gift Aid status, where applicable and as required by the UK tax authorities.
- Records of communications sent to you by Kali
- Records of communications received from you
- Records of any volunteering by you on behalf of Kali
Photos, film and audio recordings of projects or performances
If you are a participant in one of our workshops or productions we may also collect:
- Contact details for a parent or guardian
- Dietary requirements
- Details of any disability and support you may need to enable your successful participation
We analyse personal information to better understand the interests of our attenders, participants and donors, to help identify potential supporters and to make appropriate requests for support.
If you do not wish us to use your data in this way please contact us via one of the methods given above.
Sensitive Personal Information
On occasion we may collect sensitive classes of information.
This could include:
- Racial or ethnic origin
- If you have a disability or long term health impairment
- How often you attend theatre events
- Distance travelled to attend
This data is only collected if it is provided directly by you with your full consent.
Where this data is recorded, stored or processed for the purposes of monitoring and reporting it is always done so anonymously.
How We Use Personal Information
The information we collect about you helps us to provide you with appropriate information about forthcoming public events or participatory programmes, and to better understand what you would like from us.
We may use your information to:
- Send information to you
- Gather feedback from you
- Improve the service we offer
- Understand how you want to be contacted.
- Provide you with information about other public events or participatory programmes similar to those you have already attended or enquired about.
- Provide you with information on work by other theatre companies whose work is similar to ours.
- Conduct research to better understand the geographical location and demographics of our audiences
- Notify you about practical issues that could affect your booking (like cancellations or cast changes)
- To carry out research to find out if you would be interested in receiving information about future appeals for support for specific projects
- To invite you to participate in surveys or interviews to obtain your opinions about our work
How We Manage and Protect Personal Information
- We will never share your personal information with any third parties for marketing purposes.
- We will never sell or trade your personal contact information.
- We protect all the personal information we collect with password protected systems. All data stored in our online mailing system is password protected and encrypted.
- We’ll only keep your details for as long as is reasonably necessary for the purposes described in this policy and to fulfil our legal obligations.
- We’ll never keep more information than we need.
- If you ask us to stop sending you direct marketing emails we will immediately stop doing so.
- We may need to share personal information with the police or a regulatory or government authority.
- Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of the data you transmit to our site as no transmission over the internet is 100% secure; any transmission of your data to us is therefore at your own risk.
A cookie is a small piece of information sent by a web server to a web browser, which enables the server to collect information from the browser. Find out more about cookies on www.allaboutcookies.org.
Most browsers will allow you to turn off cookies. If you want to know how to do this please look at the menu on your browser, or look at the instruction on www.allaboutcookies.org. Please note however that turning off cookies will restrict your use of our website.
We are not responsible for third party cookies on this site, although the only ones our site uses are from trusted sources as outlined below.
The cookies used are as follows:
- Content Management System and associated plugins – Our website is powered by a Content Management System and as such it creates cookies to store session information in order to help it remember user interactions and states, for example if you are logged in our not. These are the only first party cookies we create, and they are required for the site to function correctly. They are not used in any way outside of their technical applications.
- E-Commerce – Cookies may be used to store your shopping cart
If you are unhappy about cookies being stored on your computer, you should change your browser settings to prevent them.
- Every email you get from us will include a link to be able to unsubscribe
- You have the right to ask us to stop using your personal information for marketing purposes. You can do this by phoning, emailing, or in writing using the contact details below.
- You have the right to get the information we hold on you corrected. If you have any concern about the accuracy of your personal data, please let us know using the details below.
- You have the right to be forgotten; if you would like us to remove the contact information we hold, please contact us using the details below.
- You can request details of the personal information we hold about you by contacting us using the details below and providing proof of your identity.
- You can contact us
- By phone: 020 8694 6033 and ask for the General Manager
- By email: email@example.com
- By post: Kali Theatre The Albany Douglas Way London SE8 4AG
- You have the right to lodge a complaint with The Information Commissioner’s Office.
The www.kalitheatre.co.uk website is owned and operated by Kali Theatre Company Ltd
Kali Theatre Company Ltd is a registered charity No. 1071733.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 and EU General Data Protection Regulations the data controller is Kali Theatre Co Ltd at The Albany Douglas Way London SE8 4AG
ICO Registration Number:
This policy was last revised on 1 May 2018. We will update it from time to time to reflect changes in our operations or to fulfill new statutory obligations. The updated policy will then be displayed on our website. We may also inform you directly of any substantive changes.
Further information on data protection regulations can be found on the Information Commissioners website here.